Putnam celebrates over 75 years of managing money for individual and institutional investors.
Driven by innovative thinking, Putnam has practiced an active, risk-conscious approach to investing since the launch of our first fund in 1937, now called George Putnam Balanced Fund. Today, Putnam provides investment services across a range of equity, fixed income, absolute return, and alternative strategies. A global asset manager and retirement plan provider, Putnam distributes its services largely through intermediaries via offices and strategic alliances in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Over 75 years of investment experience
- $157 billion in assets under management*
- Over 80 mutual funds and 50 institutional strategies across a range of asset classes and investment styles
- 205 investment professionals
- Offices in Boston, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Sydney, Singapore, and Beijing
*At the end of July 2015, Putnam Investments had $157 billion in assets under management. Mutual fund assets were $86 billion. Institutional assets were $71 billion. (Total assets do not reflect pending activity for client decisions communicated to Putnam as of July 31, 2015).
Inspired by balance since 1937
Scroll through our timeline