Our latest Social Advisor Survey shows that social media is changing advisor-client relationships for the better. Advisors reported that it has improved both professional and personal relationships with their clients, thanks to more frequent communication and an easier exchange of information.
One theme emerges from the data we obtained from over 1,000 financial advisors: Taking an active approach to social media is the most effective way to gain new client assets.
Five key findings from the survey:
- 87% of advisors with AUM over $100 million say they have gained assets using social media.
- 83% of advisors say that social media has helped shorten the time required to convert a prospect into a client.
- 89% of women surveyed said they gained assets via social media, versus 84% for men.
- 73% of advisors are using LinkedIn for business and 56% are using Facebook.
- 46% of advisors consider themselves social media experts, yet only 24% have had training by a hired third-party specialist.
For the complete survey findings and to learn more about actively growing your business through social media, visit www.advisorsaresocial.com.
Putnam Retail Management.