Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q1 2020 | Capital Markets Outlook
We favor reducing risk as we look for proof that earnings can support asset valuations.
- The CPI rose 0.1% and core CPI increased 0.2% in January, the Bureau of Labor Statistics found.
- Retail sales increased 0.3% in January, according to the Census Bureau.
- Initial jobless claims rose by 2,000 to 205,000 in the week ended February 8, 2020, according to the Department of Labor.
- As of February 14, 2020, of the 399 S&P 500 Index companies reporting fourth-quarter earnings, 277 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index increased in January.
- The University of Michigan’s index of consumer sentiment rose to 100.9 in February from 99.8 in January.