Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q4 2019 | Capital Markets Outlook
As late-cycle signals grow louder, it's time for tactical caution across asset classes.
- Factory orders declined 0.6% in September, the Census Bureau stated.
- Durable goods orders dropped 1.2% in September, the Census Bureau found.
- The Census Bureau reported that the trade deficit narrowed in September.
- The Markit U.S. Composite PMI Output Index slipped to 50.9 in October from 51.0 in September.
- Initial jobless claims fell by 8,000 to 211,000 in the week ended November 2, 2019, the Labor Department reported.
- As of October 31, 2019, of the 339 S&P 500 Index companies reporting third-quarter earnings, 255 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The University of Michigan’s index of consumer sentiment rose to 95.7 in November from 95.5 in October.