Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q3 2019 | Capital Markets Outlook
We are shifting our tactical allocations as weaker data give us doubts about current earnings expectations.
- The CPI increased 0.1% and core CPI rose 0.3% in August, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The Producer Price Index for final demand advanced 0.1% in August, the Bureau of Labor Statistics found.
- Import and export prices both declined in August, the Bureau of Labor Statistics noted.
- Retail sales grew 0.4% in August, the Census Bureau stated.
- Initial jobless claims fell by 15,000 to 204,000 in the week ended September 7, 2019, the Labor Department reported.
- As of September 5, 2019, of the 496 S&P 500 Index companies reporting second-quarter earnings, 366 — or 73.8% — beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The University of Michigan’s index of consumer sentiment rose to 92.0 in September from 89.8 in August.