Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q3 2019 | Capital Markets Outlook
We are shifting our tactical allocations as weaker data give us doubts about current earnings expectations.
- Import prices fell 0.9% and export prices declined 0.7% in June, the Bureau of Labor Statistics noted.
- In an advance estimate, the Census Bureau stated that retail sales rose 0.4% in June.
- Business inventories increased 0.3% in May, the Census Bureau reported.
- Initial jobless claims rose by 8,000 to 216,000 in the week ended July 13, 2019, according to the Labor Department.
- As of July 11, 2019, of the 23 companies of the S&P 500 Index reporting second-quarter earnings, 19 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The University of Michigan’s index of consumer sentiment rose to 98.4 in July from 98.2 in June.