Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q2 2019 | Capital Markets Outlook
While the inverted yield curve has caused concern, we continue to see potential upside for risk assets.
- Both import and export prices rose in March, the Bureau of Labor Statistics stated.
- The CPI increased 0.4% and core CPI rose 0.1% in March, the Bureau of Labor Statistics noted.
- The Census Bureau reported that factory orders fell 0.5% in February.
- Initial jobless claims fell by 8,000 to 196,000 in the week ended April 6, 2019, according to the Department of Labor.
- As of April 5, 2019, the estimated earnings decline for the first quarter for the S&P 500 Index is -4.2%, according to FactSet.
- The University of Michigan’s preliminary index of consumer sentiment fell to 96.9 in April from 98.4 in March.
- The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index improved in March.