Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q2 2018 | Capital Markets Outlook
The popular narrative of the February market correction focused on inflation. We have a different interpretation.
- Housing starts rose 1.9% in March, according to the Census Bureau and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Business inventories grew 0.6% in February, the Census Bureau reported.
- The Conference Board’s Leading Economic Index increased in March.
- Initial jobless claims fell by 1,000 to 232,000 in the week ended April 14, 2018, according to the Labor Department.
- According to FactSet analysis as of April 13, 2018, the S&P 500 Index is likely to report earnings growth of about 20% for the first quarter.
- The Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index rose to 58.1 in the week ended April 15, 2018 from 58.0 in the prior week.