Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q4 2018 | Capital Markets Outlook
Economic strength is offset by trade risk, a flattening yield curve, and weakness in housing and autos
- In an advance estimate, the Census Bureau reported that retail sales increased 0.1% in September.
- Housing starts fell 5.3% in September, according to the Census Bureau.
- The Federal Reserve stated that industrial production advanced 0.3% in September.
- Initial jobless claims fell by 5,000 to 210,000 in the week ended October 13, 2018, according to the Labor Department.
- As of October 12, 2018, of the 28 S&P 500 Index companies reporting third-quarter earnings, 25 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The ZEW Indicator of Economic Sentiment for Germany fell in October.