Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q2 2018 | Capital Markets Outlook
The popular narrative of the February market correction focused on inflation. We have a different interpretation.
- Both import and export prices increased in May, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The CPI and core CPI both rose 0.2% in May, the Bureau of Labor Statistics found.
- In China, the Producer Price Index increased 4.1% year over year in May.
- Initial jobless claims fell by 4,000 to 218,000 in the week ended June 9, 2018, the Labor Department reported.
- As of June 6, 2018, of the 498 S&P 500 Index companies reporting first-quarter earnings, 382 — or 76.7% — beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index increased in May.
- The University of Michigan’s index of consumer sentiment rose to 99.3 in June from 98.0 in May.