Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q4 2019 | Capital Markets Outlook
As late-cycle signals grow louder, it's time for tactical caution across asset classes.
- Retail sales fell 0.3% in August, the Census noted in an advance estimate.
- Business inventories remain unchanged in August, the Census Bureau reported.
- Housing starts plunged 9.4% in September, according to the Census Bureau.
- Industrial production declined 0.4% in September, the Federal Reserve stated.
- Initial jobless claims rose by 4,000 to 214,000 in the week ended October 12, 2019, according to the Labor Department.
- As of October 10, 2019, of the 23 S&P 500 Index companies reporting third-quarter earnings, 20 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The ZEW Indicator of Economic Sentiment for Germany declined in October.