Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q4 2019 | Capital Markets Outlook
As late-cycle signals grow louder, it's time for tactical caution across asset classes.
- Construction spending fell 0.8% in October, according to the Census Bureau.
- The Markit U.S. PMI Composite Output Index increased to 52.0 in November from 50.9 in October.
- Initial jobless claims fell by 10,000 to 203,000 in the week ended November 30, 2019, according to the Labor Department.
- The U.S. added 266,000 jobs and the unemployment rate slipped to 3.5% in November from 3.6% in October, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- As of November 29, 2019, of the 491 S&P 500 Index companies reporting third-quarter earnings, 368 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The University of Michigan’s preliminary reading of its index of consumer sentiment rose to 99.2 in December from 96.8 in November.