Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q1 2020 | Capital Markets Outlook
We favor reducing risk as we look for proof that earnings can support asset valuations.
- Housing starts fell 1.5% in February, the Census Bureau stated.
- The Conference Board Leading Economic Index rose slightly in February.
- Retail sales slipped 0.5% in February, according to the Census Bureau.
- Existing home sales climbed 6.5% in February.
- Initial jobless claims surged by 70,000 to 281,000 in the week ended March 14, 2020, according to the Labor Department.
- As of March 13, 2020, of the 499 S&P 500 Index companies reporting fourth-quarter earnings, 346 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The ZEW Indicator of Economic Sentiment for Germany plummeted in March.
- Trading on the New York Stock Exchange halted briefly on multiple days due to large price declines.