Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q4 2020 | Capital Markets Outlook
The recovery has continued, but it could flatten out in the absence of more policy support.
- The Producer Price Index for final demand increased 0.4% in September, the Bureau of Labor Statistics found.
- The CPI and core CPI both rose 0.2% in September, the Bureau of Labor Statistics stated.
- Retail sales increased 1.9% in September, according to an advance report from the Census Bureau.
- Initial jobless claims reached 898,000 in the week ended October 10, 2020, the Department of Labor announced.
- As of October 8, 2020, of 22 S&P 500 companies reporting third-quarter earnings, 19 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The University of Michigan’s preliminary index of consumer sentiment rose to 81.2 in October from 80.4 in September.
- The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index improved in September.