Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q1 2021 | Capital Markets Outlook
Amid a likely tug-of-war between positive and negative economic news, we favor investing with a flexible approach.
- Pending home sales fell 10.6% in February, according to the National Association of Realtors.
- The Markit U.S. Manufacturing PMI rose to 59.1 in March from 58.6 in February.
- The U.S. added 916,000 jobs and the unemployment rate fell to 6.0% in March from 6.2% in February, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Initial jobless claims reached 719,000 in the week ended March 27, 2021, the Labor Department reported.
- As of March 31, 2021, of the 500 S&P 500 Index companies reporting fourth-quarter earnings, 384 beat analysts’ expectations, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index jumped in March.