Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q3 2020 | Capital Markets Outlook
Despite progress on the virus, we think the markets may stay unsettled and we favor reducing overall risk.
- Durable goods orders increased 7.3% in June, the Census Bureau stated.
- Pending home sales surged 16.6% in June, the National Association of Realtors found.
- U.S. GDP decreased at an annual rate of 32.9% in the second quarter, according to an advance estimate by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Initial jobless claims reached 1,434,000 in the week ended July 25, 2020, the Department of Labor announced.
- As of July 23, 2020, of the 127 S&P 500 Index companies reporting second-quarter earnings, 103 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index declined in July.
- The University of Michigan’s index of consumer sentiment fell to 72.5 in July from 78.1 in June.