Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q1 2020 | Capital Markets Outlook
We favor reducing risk as we look for proof that earnings can support asset valuations.
- The Producer Price Index for final demand advanced 0.1% in December, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Retail sales increased 0.3% in December, the Census Bureau stated in an advance report.
- Import prices rose 0.3% in December while export prices fell 0.2%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Initial jobless claims fell by 10,000 to 204,000 for the week ended January 11, 2020.
- As of December 31, 2019, of the 15 S&P 500 Index companies reporting fourth-quarter earnings, 13 beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The University of Michigan’s index of consumer sentiment slipped to 99.1 in January from 99.3 in December.