Keep up to date on the global economy and its impact on markets.
Q3 2018 | Capital Markets Outlook
Trade war and tighter Fed policy put pressure on the global financial system.
- Wholesale sales slipped 0.1% in June, the Census Bureau reported.
- The Producer Price Index for final demand was unchanged in July, the Bureau of Labor Statistics noted.
- Both the CPI and core CPI increased 0.2% in July, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported.
- Initial jobless claims fell by 6,000 to 213,000 in the week ended August 4, 2018, according to the Labor Department.
- As of July 31, 2018, of the 315 S&P 500 Index companies reporting second-quarter earnings, 253 — or 80.3% — beat analysts’ estimates, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- The Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index rose to 59.3 in the week ended August 5, 2018, from 58.6 in the prior week, marking the highest level since February 2001.