Why build a sector portfolio?
- Achieve customized portfolio characteristics, such as a high portfolio earnings growth rate relative to the benchmark index.
- Favor the sectors you think will outperform the index.
- Seek to reduce sector risk by matching the benchmark's sector weightings, and instead turn to the funds' active stock selection to pursue outperformance.
- Seek to benefit from the fundamental research and active security selection of Putnam's global equity research analysts with specialized knowledge and insights about each global industry.
- Attain global investment diversification because each fund can invest in the most attractive opportunities anywhere in the world.