Traditional vs. Roth IRAs
Choose the IRA that's right for you: Traditional or Roth
Make sure you fully understand the differences between a Traditional and a Roth IRA before you invest. The big difference between the two account types is when your investments get taxed: With Traditional IRAs, you pay taxes when the money is withdrawn; contributions to Roth IRAs are made with money that has already been taxed.
Learn more about saving for retirement
Putnam offers educational material on an array of retirement savings topics.
- Learn how a Putnam IRA can help you save for retirement
- IRA rollover checklist
- 72(t): Looking for a way to supplement your income
- IRA distribution planning checklist
- Required minimum distributions and your IRA
- Stretch IRA
- Converting a traditional IRA to a Roth
- Net unrealized appreciation (NUA)
- Developing a “tax-smart” retirement income strategy
- Choose a sustainable withdrawal rate in retirement