Putnam celebrates over 75 years of managing money for individual and institutional investors.
Driven by innovative thinking, Putnam has practiced an active, risk-conscious approach to investing since the launch of The George Putnam Balanced Fund in 1937. Today, Putnam provides investment services across a range of equity, fixed income, absolute return, and alternative strategies. A global asset manager and retirement plan provider, Putnam distributes its services largely through intermediaries via offices and strategic alliances in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Over 75 years of investment experience
- $161 billion in assets under management*
- Over 80 mutual funds and 50 institutional strategies across a range of asset classes and investment styles
- 205 investment professionals
- Offices in Boston, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Sydney, Singapore, and Beijing
*At the end of February 2015, Putnam Investments had $161 billion in assets under management Mutual fund assets were $89 billion. Institutional assets were $72 billion. (Total assets do not reflect pending activity for client decisions communicated to Putnam as of
Inspired by balance since 1937.
Scroll through our timeline