Institutional investing at Putnam
Putnam Investments is a global asset management firm with over $158 billion as of December 31, 2014, invested in equity, fixed income, global asset allocation, and alternative strategies. Our size gives us a meaningful market presence, but allows us to be nimble in the markets where we invest. Our commitment to innovation, proprietary research, and risk management distinguishes our approach to investing. Our global presence is united by our collaborative investment culture and singular focus on our clients' objectives. Putnam's parent company, Power Corporation, is one of the largest insurance and asset managers in Canada.
- Corporate pension schemes
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Insurance companies
- Endowments and foundations
- Public and government plans
In addition, we work closely and collaboratively with global and regional consultants to meet client needs.
Our investment capabilities
Nearly 200 investment professionals working in a disciplined, research-intensive investment process focused on a fundamental approach.
- Fixed-income capabilities
- Risk allocation/Multi-asset capabilities
- Equity capabilities
- Wide breadth of investment solutions including custom segregated accounts, pooled vehicles, and fund structures
- Dedicated client service manager, providing a single point of service
- Expertise on investment solutions, vehicle structures, and custodian/asset manager operations
- Client-focused model, where accessibility and responsiveness are priorities
- Building valued relationships through partnership and collaboration to proactively offer solutions
- Mobilizing firm-wide resources and expertise to provide innovative solutions for our clients