We believe active fundamental research can identify key drivers of return that may not be fully reflected in a stock’s price, offering opportunities to potentially outperform market indexes over time.
- Entrepreneurial approach generates independent and proactive thinking.
- Collaborative culture promotes sharing ideas across portfolios, asset classes, and areas of sector expertise.
- Diversity of professional experience brings a variety of perspectives to key questions.
- Optimal organizational scale balances global presence with nimble decision-making.
- Compensation incentive structure aligns portfolio manager performance goals with investor interests.
Putnam's equity capabilities include strategies based on style, geography, and risk. Dedicated portfolio managers and global equity analysts perform bottom-up fundamental research to evaluate key drivers of return and to identify what we believe are the best investment opportunities. Sophisticated risk management tools are used to construct portfolios to meet specific risk parameters.
|Emerging Markets Equity||International Equities||July 31, 1997||MSCI Emerging Markets Index (ND)|
|Global Core Equity||Global Equities||July 31, 1994||
MSCI World Index (ND)
MSCI All Country World Index (ND)
|Non U.S. Core Equity||International Equities||December 31, 1986||MSCI EAFE Index (ND)|
|Non-U.S. Small Cap Equity||Small-Cap Equities||March 31, 2016||
S&P Developed ex-U.S. SmallCap Index
MSCI EAFE Small Cap Index
|Sustainable Future||U.S. Equities||November 30, 2017||Russell Midcap Growth Index|
|Sustainable Leaders||U.S. Equities||March 31, 2018||S&P 500 Index|
|U.S. Large Cap Growth Equity||U.S. Equities||January 31, 2009||Russell 1000 Growth Index|
|U.S. Large Cap Value Equity||U.S. Equities||December 31, 1992||Russell 1000 Value Index|
|U.S. Low Volatility Equity||U.S. Equities||September 30, 2010||
Russell 1000 Index
S&P 500 Index
|U.S. Small Cap Growth Equity||Small-Cap Equities||January 31, 2000||Russell 2000 Growth Index|
|U.S. Small Cap Value Equity||Small-Cap Equities||March 31, 1993||Russell 2000 Value Index|
Browse our Perspectives