Pursue income or capital preservation with a diverse portfolio of income securities.
Bond funds — also called income or fixed-income funds — are a type of mutual fund that invests in bonds and other debt securities issued by organizations such as corporations, governments, and municipalities. Bond funds invest in a range of bonds with a variety of terms to help provide diversification. As with all mutual funds, bond funds carry a degree of risk.
- We take a comprehensive view of risk to build bond funds with a broader range of investment potential.
- We actively work to determine which risks are worth taking and when.
- We have fundamental insights into a wide range of sectors, including areas beyond the benchmark index.
Browse Putnam's bond funds
- AMT-Free Municipal Fund
- Arizona Tax Exempt Income Fund
- California Tax Exempt Income Fund
- Intermediate-Term Municipal Income Fund
- Massachusetts Tax Exempt Income Fund
- Michigan Tax Exempt Income Fund
- Minnesota Tax Exempt Income Fund
- New Jersey Tax Exempt Income Fund
- New York Tax Exempt Income Fund
- Ohio Tax Exempt Income Fund
- Pennsylvania Tax Exempt Income Fund
- Short-Term Municipal Income Fund
- Tax Exempt Income Fund
- Tax Exempt Money Market Fund
- Tax-Free High Yield Fund
For more information on these funds and the potential risks of investing, please click on the fund names. You can lose money investing in a mutual fund.