One of the easiest ways to help your clients save for retirement is an old standby: the traditional IRA. With tax-deductible contributions and tax-deferred earnings, clients can set aside $6,500 a year (or $7,500 for individuals age 50 and older in 2023). The Putnam Traditional IRA delivers these advantages along with convenience and service to help make it easy for clients to invest.
For 2023, the maximum contribution is $6,500 ($7,500 for individuals age 50 and older). Talk to your clients and encourage them to take advantage of this important retirement savings opportunity.
Investors who could benefit
- Individuals who do not have access to a retirement plan at work or are not active participants in their employers' retirement plans.
- Individuals covered by an employer's retirement plan with an AGI of $73k–$83k (single) or $116k–$136k (married, filing jointly).
Take advantage: Putnam Traditional IRA
- Offers tax-deferred earnings and tax-deductible contributions.
- May be used for qualified higher education expenses without penalty.
- Helps investors reduce tax liability, and can possibly help move them into a lower tax bracket.
- Investors can start a Putnam IRA with as little as $25 a month, and it can be linked to their checking account for easy, convenient, and automatic contributions.
|Help your clients convert their Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA. Download our investor education piece for more information.
Should your clients convert their Traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs?
|Download fillable applications and forms for the Putnam Traditional IRA.||Web page|
Withdrawals are subject to income tax, and those made before age 59½ may be subject to an additional 10% tax.